Keep Your Car Running Smoothly when Temperatures Drop
As summer glides into autumn, motorists often hit the road to enjoy the splash of color across the countryside. The changing leaves are a reminder that its time to prepare your vehicles for the cold months ahead.
To keep your car running smoothly throughout the winter, follow these tips:
- Get a tune up and have the spark plugs checked. Youll appreciate it when your car starts easily on those cold mornings!
- Keep your gas tank well fueled to avoid gas line freeze ups.
- Check the condition of your battery. If its showing its age, consider replacing it or be sure to take jumper cables with you. Winter driving often requires more from your autos power supply as we make greater use of our headlights, heaters and windshield wipers.
- Fill your windshield wiper fluid and make sure the wipers themselves are working and in good condition. While you're under the hood, check the fluids in the coolant system, too.
- Test your heater and defroster to make sure they are working well.
Carry a winter emergency kit in your trunk which includes blankets, de-icer, ice scrapers, a small shovel, a flashlight, batteries, hats, gloves and a bag of sand or salt.
...and, above all, at the first sign of snow...rush to the nearest store and buy milk, eggs and toilet paper, Hon!
Layout and Design Copyright © 1997 by Hon
All Rights Reserved
This document was last modified on: Tuesday, 01-May-2007 06:34:44 EDT