Douglass Terrace -
Dallas Street North of Fleet Street
In 1838 Frederick Douglass, then a 20 year old slave working as a caulker
at Price's shipyard and living with his master, Hugh Auld, on Fell Street,
escaped north to freedom. Fifty years later he returned to Fells Point,
prosperous and world famous, and built these five house and named them
"Douglass Terrace." The corner is also important as the site of the
first Methodist meeting house in Baltimore (1773).