K. G. Klipa on Food
Brown the ground beef and the sausage with the chopped onion and garlic
- 1 lb. Lean ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic (or substitute ½ tsp of dried garlic flakes)
- 32 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1 or 2 zucchini, sliced (NOT "summer giants", however)
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- Some sliced eggplant (optional)
- 1 can of mushrooms (6 oz. or 12 oz. size)
- ½ cup of peas
- 2 jars (or cans) of your favorite prepared Pasta Sauce
- 1 TBL of Italian Seasoning (optional)
Add the can of tomatoes (and the optional Italian Seasoning) and stir
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir
Simmer (covered) for 20 to 25 minutes until vegetables are tender (Be sure to cover the pan while simmering or the vegetables will stick to the pan!)
Serve with your favorite cooked pasta, sprinkled with grated cheese.
Now you're eating like a prince (or princess).
This sauce will keep well in the refrigerator for a week or more. It also freezes very well.