K. G. Klipa on Food
MULTI - VEGGIE SOUP
[You will need a 6 quart pot with a lid for this recipe]
Add the above ingredients to 3 quarts of water.
- 1 cup celery, rough cut
- 1cup chopped onion
- 2 cups coleslaw mix (found in salad section of most grocery stores)
- 3 chopped garlic cloves OR ½ tsp minced, dried garlic (DO NOT OMIT the garlic, even if you're not a garlic fan: it binds the flavors together. You'll hardly notice it.)
- ½ cup fresh, minced parsley OR ¼ cup of dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup of zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 16 ounce can of tomatoes
- 6 ounce can of tomato paste
Bring to a boil and simmer (covered: otherwise the soup may simmer away and the veggies burn!) for 2 to 2½ hours.
Add seasoned salt (something like McCormick's Season-All® or Lowry's Seasoned Salt) and Old Bay® seasoning. (Use a tablespoon of each to begin with; then add more of one or both to suit your taste.)
NOTE: Do not add salt to this recipe: remember, any seasoned salt is mostly salt.
This soup can be a quick meal in itself accompanied by some good, crusty French bread.
Layout and Design Copyright © 1997 by Peter L. Matthews
All Rights Reserved